Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We have a home

I know you are all thinking...you moved in a month ago but, I put pictures on the wall and the furniture is all in the apartment now. It feels good to be settled in our apartment. I will post pictures soon. It is still a little bare but I am sure it will fill up in the next months. I am very happy to say that because of Somerville's fantastic curbsiding we probably only spent about $400 furnishing our apartment including all the little things lie sheets, mattress pad, pots and pans, throw pillows,... This wonderful provision is brought to us in part by the Modaff family, IKEA and in whole by God. Praise the Lord for His planning and dedication to even the little things like sage green sheets. :) I will put pics in later but for now I should probably be checking for patients.

Well, no one is here so for those of you who don't know; curbsiding is the delightful proceedure of placing household items and furniture you don't want on the curb in the evening and anyone can take it. If it is still there in the morning the trash man takes it away. This is how we obtained most of our furniture and some of our dishes. Great fun!! It is a bargain hunters dream. We live in a pretty nice neighborhood so we are very lucky because people here throw away things in great condition. ;)

No comments: